Blog & News
- Hits: 629
In a recent news release the IRS announces and recommends the following:
- For the 2018 tax filing season the IRS will begin accepting tax returns on January 29, 2018 and the deadline to file will be April 17, 2018.
- They also remind taxpayers that they cannot issue refunds claiming Earned Income Credit (EIC) and the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) before mid-February.
- Additionally, the IRS recommends and encourages taxpayers to E-file and use Direct Deposit as the safest and accurate way to file and recieve a refund.
- Lastly, the IRS recommends that taxpayers keep copies of prior year tax returns for at least three years.
You can go to IRS.gov or the IRS2GO phone app to check on refund status, or IRS.gov/account to access information about your tax account.
- 2018 Tax Filing Season IR-2018-01. Retreived from IRS.gov/newsroom (1/04/2018)
- Hits: 632
There are two important tax deadlines coming up. September 15th is the deadline for businesses who filed extensions, and October 16th is the deadline for individual filers with extensions. If you are needing help preparing your 2016 individual tax return, please contact our office right away so that we can get it completed for you before the deadline.
You should also know that businesses and individual tax filers with extensions who are victims of Hurricane Harvey will have until January 31, 2018 to file their returns.